FTN & GSM-R ProjectClient: Network Rail UK
The Implementation of a National Infrastructure for Mobile Communications-Railways (GSM-R) and a new Fixed Telecom Network (FTN), using Relocatable Equipment Buildings for co-located GSM-R Access Nodes (3.6m) and FTN Core and Signal Box Nodes (7.2m).
- Supply and install specified Optional equipment
- Install free issue equipment
- Perform Integration testing
- Store REBs
- Deliver REBs to site
- Installation of REBs at site
Description of Works Carried Out
ADComms started Phase 1 of these works in 2004 and undertook Phase 2 in 2008. In total, we successfully delivered over 2,300 integrated relocatable equipment buildings (REBs) to sites across the UK.
Each REB was delivered to our purpose-built integration centre at Scunthorpe, where we installed the internal equipment from various suppliers, before shipment to site. The full project required ADComms to provide Telecommunications equipment and additional works including:
- Procurement of DC power supplies for the Telecoms equipment within the REB
- Procurement of general installation materials (i.e. cables and connectors)
- Marshalling and storage of Client free issue materials and equipment
- Installation of the following equipment into the REB:
– DC power supply
– GSM-R Telecom equipment (BTS)
– Repeater Hub (for REBs feeding Tunnel repeaters)
- Work Package Plans, Task Briefings and RIMINI planning, where appropriate
- Monthly and weekly client reports including achievement against KPIs
- Handover pack, including asset as-built documentation
- Supply chain management
- Applications for payment authorisation
Accomplished management of the complex supply chain and assurance of consistent product quality, for this large volume of the equipment, was based on application of ADComms’ robust processes and procedures. This project proves our capability to achieve your desired outcomes in large, complex and long-term projects.